Alerts are perfect for letting your customers know important information quickly.
They will appear at the bottom of your user's browser window
Setting up an alert is quick and easy. In the CloudEngage admin, navigate to content > alerts. Then click create alert in the top right corner.
First, choose the state you would like your alert to be in from the dropdown in the top right corner of the page.
- Preview: Will only display if you are logged in to your CloudEngage admin
- Active: Ready for live viewing
- Inactive: Will not be displayed
- Archived: Saved for future use
Building your alert
- The content section is where you add your custom message as well as choose an appropriate icon for the alert.
- As you can see, as you begin to build out your alert, a preview of what your alert will look like appears in the bottom of your screen.
Add a link to your alert (optional)
- Toggle the [yes/no] to reveal the button text fields.
- Add a label and a url for your link.
- This will also populate in the alert preview so you can see how it will look to your users.
Set up your Display Schedule
- You can set the start date to immediately, or you can choose scheduled and schedule a start date.
- Be sure to choose and end date for your alert or your alert will not save properly.
Now you are ready to set up your Display Frequency.
- Your display frequency determines how often and how many times a given user will experience your alert.
- There are three fields you can customize for your display frequency:
- Session: The time it will take (in minutes) for the alert to be seen again.
- Interval: The number of times a user reloads the page (sessions) for the alert to be seen again.
- Threshold: The lifetime number of times that a user will see the alert (per browser/device).
Set the Display Area and Target Device for your alert
- Display Area: Set your alert to display on a specific page, every page, or just the home page.
- Target Device: Here you can specify which device(s) you want your alert to be seen on.
Set up your alert with Geo-Targeting
- Geo-Targeting determines what geo-locational regions you want your alerts to be seen from
- In your Geo-Targeting panel, you can toggle between using Geo-Fences and Geo-IPs in the righthand corner.
- To get started, just click on the Geo-Fence toggle switch in the righthand corner.
- Next, click on the polygon icon next to the search bar.
- Now, click around on the map to draw your polygon Geo-Fence.
- Once your fence is made you can drag it around to reposition.
- Click on the geo-fence name in the right sidebar to edit or delete.
Tip: Click twice on your last marker to close to fence.
Geo-IPs are perfect for quickly isolating whole states with the click of the mouse.
- Toggle the button to geo-ips in the top right corner.
- Click on a state in the map.
- Zoom in to select zip codes
- Use the zip code dialog box to paste in many zip codes at once!
Remember to save your alert at the bottom of the screen when you are done. It will then populate in the Alerts page under Content > Alerts.